An in-depth look at the 5 steps to running a consultation with confidence, plus follow-ups, how to deal with tricky clients and setting up your clinic room to best effect.
This course is for nutritionists who know the nutrition part already, but want to be more confident at the client consultation part.
It’s a “virtual shadowing” experience showing what I have learned about running a nutrition consultation from over 1,500 hours of one-to-one sessions.
After taking this course you will know how to:
- put the client at ease
- progress through a consultation in an ordered way
- ask the right questions to gather the most relevant information
- provide a plan that will help the client achieve their goals
- end the consultation with the client having got what they were looking for
It took me years of trial and error in consultations to learn this. I want to save you the time so you (and your clients) can have confidence in yourself and you can get on with passing on your nutrition knowledge.
This course is designed for:
- student nutritionists
- pre-placement student dietitians
- anyone starting out in clinic
- anyone wanting to improve their consultation skills and confidence.
Over 40 lessons that include a mixture of video, text, activities and downloadable resources.
- Setting up the in-person or online clinic room
- Beginning the initial consultation
- Information gathering
- Making the plan
- Ending the consultation
- Taking notes
- Follow-up consultations
- Dealing with tricky consultations and clients